Add SC classifier stages to match during registration download

Is there a way to add a Steel Challenge classifier stage to a match during the registration download based on information added to the ‘Stages’ tab on the website? For example, adding a stage with the name ‘SC-101’ and then having ‘5 To Go’ added to the match on the tablet during the registration download.

• Paul

Hi Paul!

I’m messing with it right now to find out. I’m also tagging @D.J.Petrou, since he might know the answer already

Paul-

Selecting “Default Steel Challenge” out of the list with download all the stages and you can delete the ones you don’t want.
Adding the name exactly as you described to the “Stages” portion of the website will also download it to the app, regardless of match type

When I type the stage name “SC-101” or “SC-101: 5 To Go” on the ‘Stage’ tab on the website, the stage created in the app has the same name as the stage on the website, but it is not configured correctly (number of strings, marked as a classifier). My hope was that there was a way that the app could interpret a particular stage name and add the classifier to the stage on the tablet as if the MD had gone to the ‘Build Stages’ section and clicked ‘Add Classifier’. While I could use the ‘Steel Challenge: Default’ template, it doesn’t give the shooters the stage info on the website and the MD still has to edit the match stages on the tablet.

Ah, I’m sorry! I didn’t check the right stages :woman_facepalming:
I tried to see if adding a description would solve it, per this article

However, it continues to do the same thing. Now tagging @euxx for his Android knowledge.

@Paul_Warren the Android app currently doesn’t handle SC stages.

The standard stages are there by default when you select the “Steel Challenge: Default” match type/template when creating registration on PractiScore web site.

Once match is downloaded you could easily add these standard stage as “classifier” stages in the app too.

Though I’ll see if I could hookup creating the standard classifiers in some future app updates. If you have some test match, email me your match pin#, I could use it for testing…

Thanks, PM sent.

I just tried this feature using Practiscore for Android 1.6.47 with a Steel Challenge match. It works great! Thanks, @euxx!

2 Likes

Please forgive me if I sound like an idiot (because I probably am) After creating the SC Match, i selected classifier , then entered the SC-xxx number and what happens is when I try to download the file to upload to SCSA it says none of those classifiers are recognized.

I am sure I am doing something wrong but could someone help me?

@Matthew_Pitel it should be easy to fix. Please share your match with us, i.e. link to the posted results.

Oddly enough, I did it again and for some reason it worked. So I guess problem solved this time? It was odd because I tried it 5 times and then today, it went through after I posted here.

@Matthew_Pitel might be a glitch on the website.

When that happen, do a hard browser refresh (Ctrl-Refresh, Ctrl-F5, etc), or clear browser cache and refresh your match results page.

ok,
Will do. Just thought it was something I was doing wrong

@Matthew_Pitel,
It looks like you’re creating your own SC stages in the tablet since your results aren’t being produced in the correct format. I’ve attached the results page from a SC match that I run. There are quite a few differences between what you have and what I have from my matches.

Also, for your match listing, I’d suggest putting what club in your match title instead of just “Weekly Match March 28th.”

The difference from your match is that his results were posted from Android and yours is from the iOS app. The stages look the same to me.

I think it has to do with the “null” classes for shooters who aren’t classified. Those need to be changed to “U”. SCSA website won’t take “null” as a class.

Stephanie,
TY. I believe you are correct. There were 2 choices to select in practiscore, default, and then blank. This first match I selected blank and added the stages. For the next match, I added “Default” and then deleted the 2 stages we wont use. Even though in the blank template, i am allowed to edit the stages and strings , i didnt really see a lot of differences. I am definitely thinking it was a cache issue as it worked after my cache was emptied.

Some people get “Add Stages” versus “Add Classifiers” switched around. For SC stages, use the “Add classifiers” and select which ones you want to use. You won’t need to make any adjustments to the stage information (strings, penalties, etc.) that way.

Also, go into your master and change any shooters that don’t have a classification to “U” instead of leaving it blank and that should fix that part of the issue.

I just did the club addition to the title. It has been awhile since I managed Practiscore and my hands have been full building this range. Thanks for the input.

1 Like

Will do. Thank you