Squadding Issues?

Thank you for the response DJ. We appreciate and understand that time/resources are limited and that this glitch is not a priority at this time.

The answer to your question is yes, we are trying to manage squad size in an effort to keep them equal. In the past, this was not an issue as every match sold out. Now that we are smack in the middle of an ammo shortage, attendance is unpredictable. We have not sold out a match in quite some time now. If we leave all of the slots open, then we end up getting 10 shooters on one squad and 5, 6, or 7 on the rest. I am sure I do not have to explain to you why this does not work for the flow of a match.

The other issue we have is with our shooting ROs. Again, because of the ammo shortage, we do not know who our ROs will be until just a day or two before the match. Consequently, many of them go ahead and squad themselves, despite being asked numerous time not to do so. Once they are squadded, then we have to move them to one of the reserved slots on the admin page.

I think what we will do going forward is just start with smaller squad sizes and then add slots as registrations increase. We may or may not reserve slots for the ROs, and try to just squad them as they register or send the an email asking that they do not squad themselves. All of this can be tricky because this guy wants to shoot with that guy or that gal can’t be on the same squad as her ex husband… When dealing with volunteers, we need to try and accommodate as much as possible and so we will manage.

Thank you again,

Mike