Windows 11 - supports APK files

One of my co-workers is beta testing Windows 11.
A feature on this is that it natively supports APK files that are hosted from Amazon. He checked, and as of right now, Practiscore isn’t showing… but when it does, I’ll be testing that as a master tablet.

I’ve been using a Chromebook and if I’m not there to help at our match, the other MD’s struggle with getting things to sync.

I’m looking forward to this.

@Mark_Compton see about syncing with Cromebooks in Syncing with PractiScore app for Android running on Chromebook or in Bluestacks. I suspect it will work the same way when PractiScore app will run on Windows 11, due to sandboxed environment.

Also Windows 11 will be pulling Android apps from the Amazon app store. Note the last section of the Amazon’s own announcement at Amazon and Microsoft create new opportunities for developers and increase return on investment in the Amazon Appstore

@Mark_Compton and also note this

https://www.xda-developers.com/window-11-tpm-requirement/

Some more information from This is how Android apps will work in Windows 11 | Android Central

So, perhaps try to download the APK file and double click on it.

Additionally, Microsoft Engineer Miguel de Icaza said that APKs could be sideloaded directly onto Windows, meaning the Amazon Appstore won’t be an actual restriction on day 1, just the only official store to get Android apps and games from. This would, effectively, be no different from running or installing an EXE or MSI on an existing Windows 10 installation and significantly opening up the concept of Android apps within Windows 11.

yeah, this is an old topic…

My desktop is Windows 11. I was able to install the Amazon Appstore, then from within was able to install Practiscore.

So far I’ve been able to sync (pull) from my phone to the PC. I am not successful in pulling from the PC to my phone.

Continuing to try.

It appears that within Windows 11, the Hyper-V Ethernet has IP address of 172.25.112.1 255.255.240.0

Practiscore on that shows 172.25.124.253 [7CFD].

The PC itself is on the same subnet as my cell phone - 192.168.100.209 (PC) and 192.168.100.169 (Cell).

I have attempted to pull from 172.25.7CFD and 192.168.64D1 (100 in hex is 64 and 209 in hex is D1).
Neither one will pull.

After I pull from my PC, my cell shows the 7CFD device, but it times out when pulling from it.

After watching folks struggle with a Chromebook, I think this would complicate things even more.

Hopefully this can work in the future versions. Meanwhile, I will continue to recommend that everything is Android native.

There is “advanced network settings” you may need to turn on in WSA Windows 11 Subsystem for Android can now use VPN-assigned IPs