Why can't we search matches by date?

I’ll be completely honest here - the matches search and filter functions are inadequate and downright deficient. I’m trying to find matches for a certain date, but the search function does not have any features to search for a specific date. I have to scroll through matches that are “all over the place” it seems, as for match dates!

The state, city, and country search filters are useless to me because my state (Connecticut/Rhode Island/Massachusetts/any other New England state) is not listed and forget about listing a city (Hartford, Providence aren’t known for shooting matches). I can filter the search for matches in Fairbanks, Alaska (because there’s more matches in that area), but I’m not traveling 3200 miles for a match!

The match list is frustrating because it shows matches by straight light distance from the designated location. This is inadequate for me because from Connecticut, it shows matches on Long Island in New York because of the distance “as the crow flies”, but in reality, to get to these matches, it requires either a drive through NYC (with a gun or guns) or a $100 ferry ride! I would like the search function to filter these out, but I can’t remove NY from the search results (but I can select it in the State search filter).

Can the search function be improved? Please?!

Match types in the search filter is also faulty – why can’t I filter by ICORE matches? That option is not even listed (because there’s not enough matches to make the list). It would be nice that the search filter options are available BEFORE a search, not AFTER when I’ve already attempted a search and there are enough matches for it to make the list.

Additionally, a feature enhancement would be the ability to “Favorite” an upcoming match without having to join or follow the club. This would be particularly useful for Level II or III USPSA matches or Tier II (or higher) IDPA matches that occur annually, semi-annually, or one-off. I want to have the ability to “Favorite” a match that may be listed, but registration hasn’t or won’t open for some time in the future. For example, if I want to go to USPSA Carry Optics Nationals and I have to wait for open registration, but I don’t care to follow the USPSA Nationals club, so I “Favorite” the match until the pre-registration period is over.

2 Likes

Thank You for your thoughts.
We will take them into consideration for Practiscore Web 2.0.

1 Like

I agree…as a new person here with a brand new club and brand new facility I have to type in the first 3-4 letters of our club’s name to even get our name and match to show up. Otherwise it doesn’t show on the map if you click GEORGIA

1 Like

Gary,
Your club address is not complete. Just a highway as a location will not do anything.
Typing in the first few letters is normal for a search.
Regards

1 Like

Yea I also agree with the search filters, this should be a standard bit of code you guys can add from a known library to get standard search filters.

Considering this post was from May 2022, it seems like not much is updated often on practiscore. We are now 9+ months from this post.

This is something that could be implemented within 1 weeks time or less.

We really need filters by distance from users address, matches listed in date/time order. compound filters, Matches listed by clubs/groups we personally follow. etc.

I would hope we see this within the next month based on how long this has been sitting on the forum.

Thanks for all you do for Practiscore!

I too would like a feature where I can sort (or filter) matches by date. Just adding another ‘vote’.

@Steve_Owens
Currently there are no plans to add features to the match search. At least until the time comes for a web site rebuild.
What I do is use the calendar feature to view upcoming matches from clubs I follow or have shot with in the past.
Here is my calendar for March. It shows matches or clubs I decide to follow.
Regards,

are y’all open to allowing some members to help further improve the site? I would be happy to help make improvements that would make the user experience better for all.

Thank you for the offer.
Due to the expansiveness of our parent company and the issues with numerous levels of security, access by non employees is not possible.
Regards,

how do you access this view? I’m not seeing an option for this. Can you provide a step by step please?

Log into your practiscore account. Go to your dashboard. Click on the calendar tab.

1 Like

why are matches duplicated 4x times, I noticed that also on your calendar as well. Also the events get cutoff, is there a way to show an expanded view to prevent them getting cutoff?

Can you show us a screen capture highlighting the 4X you are talking about?
If the club opens 4 different matches that day it will look like 4 different matches.

On my browser I get a popup showing a link and the match name of what I hover over.

when I hover over a match/event I not get an extended description.

Here is a screen grab of duplicated matches on the same date and time.

Also there should be some indication of difference vs having them all look duplicated if that’s what’s actually going on. It makes this view of matches quite cluttered and less useful.

I just confirmed by clicking each “9p Close Registration - RDS” on the 17th, that they are all in fact duplicated. @D.J.Petrou

@Anthony_Garcia
The only thing I can see on your calendar is that everything from the RDS club only is coming up 4 times. I’ve discussed it with the webmaster and he states he will put it on the white board to look at the logic when he gets a chance.
There is no timeline on when this will happen it is just a fit in when it comes up on the list.
Currently your calendar is working just duplicating your RDS matches.
Regards,

1 Like

Do you guys have a development calendar? or a change log somewhere?