What to do if a shooter is representing themselves as military and they are not?

There is a shooter in our local community that is now registering for matches under “military” in order to increase his odds of “winning” a match. I’m not quite sure what to do about this and it is so insulting to our actual service members.

Heidi,
There really isn’t anything we can do as Shooters can register for whichever categories are available. I would suggest that the match director or range manager contact this individual and suggest that they not choose that category anymore. Potential repercussions could be that they are banned from future events at that facility. 🤷
It’s not an easy thing to deal with when people do this, best of luck.
D.J.

That’s kind of what I figured. We have a close knit enough community that once it’s known what he’s doing word will get around. Thank you!

Not sure what sport you are competing in but in USPSA that could also fall under unsportsmanlike conduct.

Per rule 10.6.1, Competitors will be disqualified from a match for conduct which a Range Officer deems to be unsportsmanlike .Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to, cheating, dishonesty, failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official, or any behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute. The Range Master must be notified as soon as possible.

1 Like