What is group registration?

I understand how to setup group registration, and I have seen the post which details how it works. But what I can’t figure out is what it does.

So when the first person registered the group and gets the code and enters a number of people in their group. What actually happens? Does it reserve that many spots in the squad that first person selects? If so, for how long are those spots reserved? Or does it simply automatically place the people that use that code into the same squad if there is room?

1 Like

Usually MD’s will use it for bigger matches as a way to keep track of what shooters want to shoot with specific friends/family.

So when the first person registered the group and gets the code and enters a number of people in their group. What actually happens? The first person to “register” the code has to share that specific code with others in their group. It will show up the individual shooters on the all data export for the match registrants.

Does it reserve that many spots in the squad that first person selects? If so, for how long are those spots reserved? No, it does not reserve spots. It is up to the MD on how they want to use the codes. Most matches don’t use codes from what I’ve seen.

Or does it simply automatically place the people that use that code into the same squad if there is room? No, it does not automatically place people that use a specific code into the same squad.

As an MD of large matches, I used to use the group registration code but it caused more trouble than not using it. People would say they had 4 people in their group and some would register with it and others wouldn’t. Some with a code would register after the registration deadline thinking they were automatically approved for the match because they had a code that someone else would was approved with had. Instead of using the group codes, we moved over to just having shooters email their squad request lists so then I can mark them off as they register and get approved.

We also had people originally put one number in the group limit and then want to change that number after the fact which caused more issues. Once the group limit number is set by the first registrant, it can’t be changed.

1 Like