Registering multiple guns

I am having trouble registering multiple guns and getting them squadded. I selected two guns and I am only able to squad myself with the one gun. Any suggestions?

Depending on the match you might want to register the guns individually. If you want to find out how to squad, check out “How do I squad in my Match?”

For Steel Challenge matches each gun is treated independently so you will need to register each entry and then squad each entry.

Charles - alas an early design decision in the PractiScore website made “one gun, one entry” the model. It’s something we want to change but when we open up the hood on it, it’s scary and we back off. It’s thorny… for instance what do when a match doesn’t want multiple guns in a squad, or what to do when a squad doesn’t have room for all your guns, so forth.

It is HIGH on the list for PS web 3.0.

For now, register each gun separately, and squad them separately using the link sent to you for each when registered.

– Ken N.

I would have to agree with the 2nd gun registration option for rimfire challenge.
Each month I have users sign in 3 or 4 times for the same gun, or email me to add their 2nd gun. (the challenge of working with non-computer people)

Not sure why registering a 2nd gun is a challenge for users. I understand the programing side is going to be challenge. Would it be possible to have a dropdown with the option to select 1 or 2 guns and then add them both to the list?

Thanks for working on a solution.
Pete

Pete,
All these are great ideas. They are very involved not really add-ons and best suited to the 3.0 version when it is developed. :+1: :wink:

When will 3.0 be developed/rolled out?

Hi Michael,
Are you talking about Practiscore 3.0???

D. J.

Please make it possible to register a second gun and Squad. Many of us do it at our club. Currently it is an awkward nuisance. You have to try multiple times to Come Back Inn and I guess what the cookie identifying you it just goes back to what you would previously done. And then somewhat randomly sometimes it lets you register as if you hadn’t already registered and squadded up. What is it that lets that happen? How can we make it happen all the time? I’ve tried 3 or 4 times today and have used two different browsers to try to make it work. I’m now going to go to a different computer that uses Chrome browser but that synchronizes to my phone so it may already recognize me. Is it sure make things easier on our match directors if they didn’t have to people with this stuff and the questions coming from the people trying to register.
We’ll see how it goes. Thanks for your attention.

Paul,
I’ve looked into your most recent registrations of the Quinton USPSA and I see two different gun registrations.
After you register you have two emails sent to you with two different match management links. Use each link independently and it shouldn’t be any trouble.
This system has been in use for years with thousands of folks using it.
If you are having problems just registering then your browser is probably auto filling in the slots and you will need to change the second gun items before you hit enter.

Regards

I’ll try that.
When I’ve changed the first gun items it would replace the first one with the second choices. Sometimes restarting and registering would work but I haven’t figured out what it is that is recognizing me as trying to do a fresh i.e. 2nd registration. I have tried closing all the tabs but when I go back to it it auto-fills back to the existing registration. Some of the events send out an email which gives me a link and sometimes that auto fills and sometimes it doesn’t. Instead of using DuckDuckGo browser on my phone I switch to the Chrome browser on the phone or on my Chromebook at home and that has worked sometimes - perhaps because whatever cookie was on Duck Duck wasn’t visible in Chrome. I haven’t seen a consistent way to register the second gun yet. Sometimes I have tried multiple times and waited number of days (which risks squads filling up)
Oh well …

Super noob question, if you do register once per gun, should you put both in the same squad, or can you be in two squads at once?

When you register somebody with two guns normally they are named differently to differentiate the two guns…
D.J. Petrou 1
D.J.Petrou 2
And most normally they are in the same squad because I have no idea how that would work if they were in two different squads. :flushed::rofl:

hahaha makes sense! Thanks @D.J.Petrou :stuck_out_tongue: