Multiple Payment Options

I have not yet used the stripe service with PS but I am about to implement it for a match next month. I too would be very eager to have two payment amounts options as we also give discount to our club members for price of the match.

Can anyone provide any detail into how things look within the stripe interface? Specifically our club runs member dues through stripe and nothing else which makes reporting easy for the treasurer. If I link the account to PS and now match fees run through there, one charge for members vs another for non members. Does the stripe interface allow easy reporting to segregate whether a charge is dues verses member match fee vs non member match fee? This is important to us since we are a 501c7, we pay a different tax rate on each type of income. If it doesn’t, then i wonder if setting up a new Stripe account specifically for our USPSA venue but linked to the same bank account would be a work around? I greatly appreciate any insight.

HI Corey,
To be quite honest your question is more of an accounting question than a Match Admin question and truthfully, I don’t know. I would like to think that with the size of Stripe that an Admin could tag certain payments within the system as certain things but again we here at PS are not accounting folks. Maybe if your club has an accountant or a tax expert they could look into Stripe and see what they provide.
If it turns out that you want to create a separate stripe account for match fees you would need a different Club account to attach it to. We currently, do not have a way to tie and manage two stripe accounts to one club account.
I know this isn’t exactly the answer you wanted but I hope it helps out some.
Regards,
D.J.

No it does not. However, we manage this by downloading the data into a spreadsheet and then filtering the data based on amount.

This comes at a great time since we’re now incurring Stripe fees to refund the discounts since March 2020. Thanks!

We are in the same boat with the 2 different fees. Is the feature active yet?

DJ, can you also add a way for members of another club to bypass payment or have a reduced rate?

Do you have an ETA on this going live?

Andy, We will talk more this week. Good messaging with you.

Justin,
Will know more this week. It is close but it is a juggling act with the developers who have many projects ongoing.
D.J.

How do you make the payment bypass work? In match set up I clicked pay online and set up a bypass password. When the registration is opened it has the payment link but nowhere to put a bypass password.

Cary,
Read through this please.

IF you are logged in at the Admin you will not see what a regular account sees.
Regards,
D.J.

I see what to do now for 1 time codes. Is there any other bypass? Example of what we want to do. With the covid thing we made our local matches prepay only. We have certain club members that don’t pay for any matches (club officers) is there a way for them to have a bypass short of a one time code we have to give them each time? This way they don’t have to contact admin each time.

Thanks,

Palmer

Hi.Just wondering if the 2nd gun/discount fee feature us ready yet? My club treasurer is not very computer savvy, and just going to Stripe was traumatic enough. Having to process full payment for a second gun, and then refunding the difference would just about drive her nuts! PLEASE have his worked on , and ready for July.

Hi There, any update on when the Multiple payment options will become live?
Thanks for a great program!!!
Bill Campbell

The Storefront release is still in the hands of the Web developers… We hope soon. :wink:

The new Storefront is still upcoming…
Still not definite date but its making its way through Testing.

D.J.

Very Exciting

Here you go Gang!!!

Hi @djpetrou,

Since the update yesterday, I have shooters that are having problems with registering. I just received an email from one of my Match Directors and he said when he selected the MD payment $0 option and clicked submit, PS is saying it’s processing for 10 minutes and then clears out all his shooter information.

Sending you a PM Stephanie…
edit: Glad we got you fixed!

1 Like