Match security in web and other settings

Hi,

I am using PS web first time to create a match for sharing results. I got couple of questions for what I did not find any answers.

1. We are using regional information system to register to match and we get CSV file from that system, which is imported into Practiscore app. Do I need to import shooters also to web or will they be pushed from app with scores? Any way to see in the app, if selected match is linked to match in PS web?

2. Match PIN. At first, I didn’t find it, because I am not going to use PS web registration. I created registration form, PIN appeared. Is there a way to get match PIN without creating registration form?

3. Match security in web is quite confusing. To clarify:

• Hidden Results - if checked, can I still share link to results? If yes, from where I can find the link?
  • Password Protected Results - that one is clear (I think)
  • Private Match - If registration is done outside PS and PS web is used for posting results, then I should set the match as private, otherwise the registration form is also presented (which I do not want, but I had to create one to get the PIN). Correct?
  1. For close to real time updates in web and PS Shooter app, I should enable “Score log”, so result will be sent to shooter’s e-mail and also to PS web?

Thank you in advance,
Aldo

1. We are using regional information system to register to match and we get CSV file from that system, which is imported into Practiscore app. Do I need to import shooters also to web or will they be pushed from app with scores? Any way to see in the app, if selected match is linked to match in PS web?

There is no need to upload the shooter list to Practiscore web if you’re not using Practiscore for registration.

1. Match PIN. At first, I didn’t find it, because I am not going to use PS web registration. I created registration form, PIN appeared. Is there a way to get match PIN without creating registration form?

If not using Practiscore web for registration, there is no need to create a Practiscore registration form or obtain a registration pin.

• Hidden Results - if checked, can I still share link to results? If yes, from where I can find the link?

Hidden results just hides it from search. You can share the results privately and you can find the results link in your club page, but you may need to claim the results for your club since you didn’t use online registration.

• Private Match - If registration is done outside PS and PS web is used for posting results, then I should set the match as private, otherwise the registration form is also presented (which I do not want, but I had to create one to get the PIN). Correct?

Private match is not relevant if not using Practiscore for registration.

1. For close to real time updates in web and PS Shooter app, I should enable “Score log”, so result will be sent to shooter’s e-mail and also to PS web?

Score log is an audit trail within the app and does not send any scores out.

Actually the “private match” option is inherited from the registration. But you can also set it in the app when posting match results to the PractiScore website.

It is more elaborate than that.

There is a local scorelog that stays on device and can be placed to a removable SD card.

Also, there is also an option for “online” scorelog, which is pushing every approved stage score to a separate website where competitors can look at these “verifications” and that website also pushes emails to individual competitors. The stage scoring devices has to have internet access for this to work.

The PractiScore Competitor app is capable of using these stage scores to assemble match results when full results aren’t posted from the app.

1 Like

Great clarifications, thank you! Always happy to learn new info. :blush: