Export Pistol Caliber to winMSS

Practiscore can easily manage PCCs in Handgun competitions. Unfortunately while exporting results to winMSS every competitor in PCC (DivId=29) division becomes Open division (DivId=1). WinMSS can’t mix PCCs in Handgun competitions via GUI but if PCC are inserted in winmss.cab it works.
So it would be nice have PCC exported as PCC

@Maurizio_Cingi as you noted PCC is a standalone discipline and has to be a separate match in WinMSS. Also note PCC can be run along in a Rifle and maybe even in a Mini-Rifle match (assuming they are using compatible targets).

You can still export a PCC match type from PractiScore app for Android, though there are a few manual steps as follows:

• Make a clone of your mixed match
  • Change match name - add word “PCC” to the name to indicate it is a PCC match
  • Go to the “Edit Shooters/Squads” screen
  • Sort by Division
  • Select all non-PCC divisions (tap on the select all icon on the division header on the right) and delete them from the top app menu
  • Open More… / Division screen and delete all non PCC divisions
  • Now you have a PCC-only match that can be exported and then imported as PCC match to WinMSS.

Also note, when exporting a Handgun-only match to WinMSS you need to follow the same steps and remove PCC competitors from the match.

This is no longer working properly.
Everytime, no matter if shooter in App is in division: PCC Optics (as there’s default division in PS APP), or if he’s in PC Optic (division renamed to match winmss used name).
Everytime, winmss gets all shooters and give them PC Iron division.
Is there solution other, than manually setting every each shooter to PC Optic in winmss?

@Aleksander_K please email your PractiScore match export file *.psc at [email protected]
I will take a look.

PS: on a side note, you shouldn’t be renaming divisions from what is created in the match templates in the PractiScore app. Export to winmss can only work with the known divisions, but once your renamed them, the app does not know what they should be in winmss. The winmss software is not operating with division names as you see them in their screens or reports.

Thanks for prompt reaction. The file has been sent to you via email. Along with short comment.

Apparently the winmss just posted software update 8.3.7.0 which reversed its internal codes used for its “PC Iron” and “PC Optic” divisions compared with originally released winmss 8.3.5.0 version. And it is not mentioned in their update notes either.

The updated division codes for winmss export are added to the PractiScore app version 1.7.19.

Hi,

I discovered that WINMSS import function accept winmss.cab file of an handgun competition with PCC code (e.g 29 PC Optic) defined in the enrolled.xml file.
In italy we have several handgun competition that accept PCC too; do you believe you could accept a change request and modified the “export to WINMSS” to transform the PCC (or PCCO) code in .psc file in 29 and not in 1 (open) when the competition is type Handgun?

If necessary I can share an example of Winmss.cab working as I described
Thanks a lot

Ciao

Gian

@Gian_Mario_Casarola I can look at it. Please email corresponding sample winmss.cab file to [email protected]

It would be good idea to have some results in that file to confirm winmss can process it.

@euxx
I just sent the email to support

Thanks a lot

Gian