Consider simplifying the squad confirmation process

“I already selected a squad, and now my squad is full.”

This is quite a common statement I hear from at least one shooter at each match, and the reason is because after selecting a squad, Practiscore shows your name on that squad but there is another confirmation button they have to then click to confirm the squad selection again. I would say about 10% of shooters miss the second button on average.

We understand there is a message advising shooters they are not squadded until they confirm, but that 10% of shooters don’t read it. They just see their name on the squad and close the browser window.

The impact to the MD is that for every match, we have to send at least one squadding reminder email, and have to get yelled at by at least one shooter who now doesn’t have the squad they want. :joy:

I wonder if this could be simplified. Is the second confirmation button really necessary? And if it is, could the button be made more prominent, such as next to the shooters name rather than in the lower right corner of the screen and potentially out of sight?

Thanks for considering. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the idea! I’ll let our programmers know and see if there is something they can do. Thank you!:grin:

2 Likes

I have been on both sides of this! It’s especially difficult to get to that second button when registering on a mobile device.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up Cactus. I have had to deal with this several times as well. IDPA is a voluntary entertainment, anything we can do to make it easier or more fun is worth doing.

1 Like

I completely agree @Cactus_Practical. This has been a constant “battle” over the last few years.

2 Likes

Thank you guys for your input! I’m not sure what it would entail for us to implement this, since I’m not one of our website wizards, but I’ll make sure to bring this up in today’s meeting!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!

We discussed this during today’s meeting, and it has been put on the list of future additions. However, due to the latest update with the Storefront, our next large update that could have this feature will be some time away because of our web guys working out bugs in the latest update and other projects. Thank you for letting us know that this is something you’d like to see!

2 Likes